Farningham is a village and civil parish in the Sevenoaks District of Kent in England.
It is located on the River Darent, south of Dartford, and has a population of 1,289. The M20 motorway and the A20 road both pass through the parish.
Farningham is believed to be home to Neolithic history - flint and other tools have been discovered and can be found in the Dartford Museum. The Romans occupied the general area after their invasion in the 1st century and, along with large evidence of habitation down the road in Lullingstone, there is also evidence of Roman habitation in Farningham. Three farmhouses and three villas have been unearthed.
Charles Dickens was a visitor during his time for the trout fishing that the Darent provided.
The parish church is dedicated to St Peter and St Paul.
Farningham had a watermill, powered by the River Darent, the building of which survives. There was a windmill at Chimham's Farm, which was moved in 1880 to West Kingsdown, where it still stands.